I was honestly worried I'd get pulled over on the drive back from Lake Waramaug today because I was high on running. The weather was perfect (and not snowing), the course was beautiful, I ran a really solid race and ended up placing 5th, and I drove home to the sounds of Travis Tritt, who sings my theme song. (Assuming he also sings that "Call Me Maybe" song.)
I'll do a full race report next week, but I shall first take this opportunity to fawn over myself. I'm really proud of my 4:17 50k (and 3:34 marathon split - 16 minutes faster than my actual marathon 13 days ago...), and feel like I was able to salvage my training after a disappointing Boston. While you're waiting for all the details, here is a picture of me, being extremely happy, post-race:
Not to be confused with me, being moderately happy and significantly tired, pre-race:
1. Yes, I did change my clothes after I ran and showered. I just happened to put on another white tank top and pair of black tights.
2. Yes, I did take self-portraits in my room in my parents' house. The first one was taken at 4:55am, so I wasn't going to wake anyone up to take it for me, and since I'd already set the precedent, I decided to use the same format for the post-race photo.
3. Yes, I abuse the thumbs up in photos. I never really know what else to do with my arms.
Number of Miles Run This Week: 46. After the race, a man came up to me at the food tent, where I was housing hot dogs (obviously), and said "I've run 48 marathons." No name or other introductory remarks. Just that. He went on to ask, "How many miles a week do you run?" which is a weird question for a runner to ask another runner, because obviously you're not running the same number year round. I went with 50. So I hope he's not reading this now and judging me for coming up short.
Number of Beers Consumed This Week: 11 so far. I aim to increase this immediately. It's 4:29 somewhere!
Types of Beers Consumed This Week: Beyond the Bud Lights, I went out with Brad one night this week to the Stag's Head, where we sampled a great many delicious beers. Naturally, I forget almost all of them, but the most memorable of the evening was the Maine Beer Company's Maine Peeper Ale. This beer was UNREAL. So, so good. Grassy, citrusy, and awesome. If you can get your hands on it, do so immediately. I don't mean to be dramatic here, but this might be the best beer I've ever had.
Also, I'm high on endorphins and can't really be trusted to give an honest opinion.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Congrats on your 50k! Sounds like Boston was really just a training run for this one. And I agree with you about the Peeper Ale--I had it in Boston after the marathon and it's delicious.
ReplyDeleteTAH DAH! YOU'RE AWESOME. BEERS FOR EVERYONE!
ReplyDeleteyou are BADASS!!! Seriously amazing. So amazed by you. And inspired & runspired!! Love ya :)
ReplyDelete