Thursday, April 26, 2012

More Weather Fun


An excerpt from an email from the race director of Sunday's 50k (the subject of which was simply "JBLWUM." I have absolutely no idea what that acronym stands for):


The weather is still too early to be reliable.  Last evening’s forecast called for a low near 37 and a high near 55. They also say tha it will be “breezy”, possibly rainy and possibly some snow. Wouldn’t have it any other way. Please bring your fleece lined long johns, arctic raincoats and some warm weather gear as well. All kidding aside, the lake can get quite chilly (that means cold in CT speak)if the wind picks up and the rains come in. Do come prepared for about anything the weather can bring.

Emphasis my own, because are you shitting me?!  It snowed a whopping one time this winter (and one time this fall...), and I ran on the treadmill that day.  I couldn't be less prepared for snow if I'd just run a marathon in 90-degree weather.  

Oh.



2 comments:

  1. While the heat my not have prepared you physically for snow, it should have prepared you mentally. Last week you proved that you can run in EXTREME weather conditions. Doesn't sound like it's going to be an actual blizzard so just remember you've handled must worse and come out on top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. JBLWUM: Juicy Boys Love Women, Underwear & Monkeys ?

    ReplyDelete