Last night, I went for my prescribed 5 easy miles after work along the Hudson. I was both low on clean running clothes and conscious of the fact that the Boston Marathon is in less than 2 weeks and I haven't decided what sneakers I'm going to wear yet, let alone what clothing. But as I dug up a pair of (quite short) shorts while packing my bag in the morning, I thought "hmmm, maybe these should be my racing shorts."
The miles were fine, if a little too quick (woe is me), and the short shorts didn't reach the point of indecent. In fact, the surest sign that these are precisely the short shorts for me was that, as I headed back to my office after I finished my run, a man on the street said to me "Mmm, God bless exercise and God bless you, sweetheart!"
Nothing like a little sexual harrassment to inform any and all vital race day logistical decisions.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I am literally laughing out loud. Do you hear me? Laughing Out Loud!
ReplyDeleteAnd I am extremely jealous of your ability to wear short shorts without making the folks around you cringe. You are hot & awesome & can't wait to cheer FOR YOU IN A REALLY LOUD VOICE
Is it bad that I immediately queued the typical sexual harassment voice in my head when I read, "Mmm?"
ReplyDeleteMy thoughts are totally normal and slightly awesome.
Hey well you know, you gotta look good for the race photos, right?
ReplyDelete