Thursday, February 24, 2011

Inappropriate Ways to Celebrate

I don't want to toot my own horn (or quote a known pedophile with a penchant for bathroom fetishes), but in the words of R. Kelly, can I get a toot toot? Lemme hear that beep beep. I ran mile repeats last night and smoked 'em. 6:48, 6:43, 6:48, 6:48.

I went directly from the track to the gym to pick up my wallet, and then to Whole Foods, where I picked out two (hopefully) delicious new beers to celebrate my victory over the worst workout in the history of cardiovascular fitness. Moreover, I was really excited to get a couple new brew reviews down on ye olde blog, since I know that, in the thick of training, this thing leans heavily toward running, which is stupendously boring to most people. So, the first on the docket for review, McNeill's War Lord, is an Imperial IPA I picked because:
1) It was like I did battle with the track, and won, and
2) On account of my victory, I deserved a beer with big flavor, like an Imperial IPA.

The second beer I chose was Smuttynose's S'muttanator, because:
1) I enjoy a good malty Double Bock, and
2) Its name is S'muttanator. Duh.

I came home, put my two brews in the fridge to chill, ate some hard earned food... and passed out.

I know, I know. I'm both an old lady and a loser. 10pm on a Wednesday night with a fridge full of new beers to try and a reason to celebrate, and I passed out spooning my laptop. I'm sorry. And much as I'd like to offer to review them now, it's 8:00am on a Thursday and this is kind of a busy time of year for me at work. Yes, I know, I'm stupendously boring. I'll try to do better tonight. Come back for a brew review of the aforementioned - I promise it will be worth it.

In the meantime, feel free to scroll back up to the top there and marvel in my mile repeat splits. Seriously, those are, like, way fast.

P.S. - I ordered something AWESOME for all "We'll Run For Beer: Spring Edition" participants yesterday. You're going to want to be there...

3 comments:

  1. Sooooo what you are saying is that:

    Mama rollin' that body
    Got ev'ry man in here wishin'
    Sippin' on Imperial IPA (IPA)
    I'm like so what I'm drunk (drunk)

    Love that song. Somehow I am following you on twitter... glad I am. I also RUN FOR BEER. Last night was a run for beer, minus the run.

    Happyness.

    Keep on rocking the speed work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy shit, you rocked that workout. Enjoy the beers tonight...you've earned it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! You took this mile repeats and killed 'em. Super impressive. I would toot toot that too. Looking forward to running for beer!!

    ReplyDelete