Monday, February 21, 2011

Monday Wrap Up: Don't I Deserve Some Kind of Reward?

Once the initial shock (and the buzz from brunch mimosas) wore off, I was pretty jazzed about my race yesterday. Sure, every race is a PR if it's the first time you race the distance, but this one felt pretty bad ass. 7:40 average pace? 13th in my age group? I haven't placed that high since I accidentally registered as a 16 year old instead of a 26 year old at last summer's Pride Run (I didn't even win - some 14 year old smoked me). I think I may have just peaked.

Unfortunately, a quick check of the training plan for the week ahead indicates there's no rest for the weary. Or bad ass. The next 6 days feature, among other things, 4x1 mile repeats, 7 miles @ GMP, and an 18 miler. Also, it snowed last night. Spring marathons are the worst.

Number of Miles Run Last Week: 38.

Number of Beers Consumed Last Week: I have no idea. 5? I got distracted by wine, mimosas, food, and naps. It happens.

Types of Beers Consumed Last Week: A couple Brooklyn's last night, which I ironically drank not in Brooklyn. As a Brooklyn dweller, I'm practically obligated to be ironic.

I now direct your attention to the "Beer Runs" page, where I have posted information on the next "We'll Run For Beer." I suggest you begin training immediately. I will do so by getting on the treadmill with a beer right now. Because how often can you do that at 5:00pm on a Monday afternoon? It's what our forefathers would have wanted. Happy Presidents' Day, kids.

1 comment: