Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I Don't Do False Modesty

Ladies and gentlemen, I just made mile repeats my bitch.

6:43, 6:40, 6:41. Yes, I only had to do three today, and yes I maybe almost threw up after the second one, and yes I realized after the first 400 of the last mile that I was a full 20 seconds off the pace and I'd better both hurry the eff up and take note of the fact that human metronome I am not. But still. I ran my fastest mile repeats tonight, 18 days out from Boston, on a windy track, in shorts that were not nearly short enough to expose my Notting Hill (+1.5. You have to drink extra for that because of the exchange rate between US dollars and British pounds) which I have already proven makes me run faster than usual.

Between those splits and the fact that I'm also a Bikram yogi, I frankly don't know how you survive, given how inferior you are to me. Have I mentioned I make thousands of dollars a year?

3 comments:

  1. LOL. You definately are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to cry in a corner now about how inferior I am.

    Wait, scratch that. I'm going to cry into a beer now because I can have one and you can't for 18 more days. Ha! Superiority is mine!

    ReplyDelete