Friday, March 11, 2011

Final, Final, Actual Final Instructions

Oh heyyyy. It's me. Just blogging in a bar on a Friday night. NBD. Just wanted to point out several last minute notes for Sunday's "We'll Run For Beer." These are in addition to the recent email I sent, the subject of which was "Final Instructions." But now I'm serious. Final.

1. Sunday is the start of daylight savings time. This is the one where we set our clocks forward one hour. Yes, you lose an hour of sleep. The drawbacks of this include feeling like you're waking up extra early to hang out with sweaty people. On the plus side, you'll feel like a badass rebel drinking so early in the morning! On a Sunday! During Lent! Oh you are so on Jesus' shit list for this one!

2. Anyone interested in logging a few extra miles (you addicts! What's the matter with you?) shall meet at the aforementioned start (15th St and Prospect Park West) at 10:30am for a spin around the park.

3. This one is unrelated, but I'm sitting next to three suits at a bar in midtown right now, and swear to you I just heard one of them say "And that's why women should sleep with men as soon as possible!" If only I'd also overheard what the that is. I fear it is "otherwise they'll end up like that girl (gestures toward me), drinking alone with her iPad on a Friday night." Dear Sirs, Eat a dick; I'm obviously waiting for someone very important. I have tried to make this clear by checking my phone every 35 seconds, but evidently you three don't understand social cues. Love, Claire. P.S. Seriously, I'm popular.

See you Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. I was all set to come for the early miles... until Daylight Savings has me totally confused. I THINK it is 9:40am right now, which means I don't have time to get there for the early miles, but I'm not positive, given that all my devices seem to be that smart kind that resets themselves. (Or are they?)

    Either way, see you for the run :)

    ReplyDelete