Friday, October 26, 2012

F*%k That Friday

Today we begin a new tradition over here at Will Run For Beer: F*%k That Friday. Like all good ideas, this one came about over beers last night. I cannot take credit for it, however. Actually, yes I can. I thought of this great idea all on my own! Baker, if you have a problem with that statement, list it in your own F*%k That Friday.

F*%k That Friday will be a semi regular list of this that have pissed me off over the course of the week. More than likely, F*%k That Friday won't always include things related to running or beer. If that's a problem for you, I encourage you to list it in your own F*%k That Friday.

So without further ado, I present F*%k That Friday:

1) Carrying my laptop. Jesus, was that thing made in 1987? Why is it so heavy? Carrying my laptop to work makes me feel like at least I'm getting a great back workout, but mostly what it's doing is making me incrementally shorter as I lean further and further to one side to compensate for the weight of it. F*%k that.

2) People who post political sentiments on Facebook. Across the board, irrespective of party identification, I hate people who do this. Facebook is for looking at pictures of people who got married and confirming you're more fun/attractive/successful than your exes. If I cared about your views on military spending, dude with whom I took creative writing freshman year, I'd ask you. Why are we even friends anyway? I haven't talked to you since that one semester, ten years ago. There's also an extremely high likelihood that whatever they've posted is from a blatantly biased source, and/or that the poster has literally no idea what they're talking about. What's that? Marie Claire magazine interviewed the candidates?! UNFRIEND. F*%k that.

3) Work conferences. I was in Arkansas last week. I'll be in Baltimore next week. I don't mind the trips themselves; I've made great contacts. But here in New York, my office doesn't open for business until 10am. Conference agendas begin with breakfast at 7am. Is it any wonder I'm finding it tough to get some running in? F*%k that.


5 comments:

  1. EXCEPTIONAL FIRST POST FOR F*%K THAT FRIDAY. I'm so glad we're friends. Although, I suspect that if we weren't, I'd make the list for something shitty I did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It being Friday and having lost the will to live I plotted your Mara times to prove to myself that with steady intake of beer you just get faster and faster. You'll be pleased to know that by mid-2017 you'll break the two-hour barrier which is well impressive. Keep drinking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this new idea.

    Also *hate* early work mornings. Most people at my office start at 7am. Every day. Eff that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea! I don't have to carry a laptop to and from work but I totally agree with #2. Nothing makes me think someone's an @$$ faster than than seeing their political rantings on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete