Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Eureka!

Having made 27 previous attempts to perfect the formula, I think today I managed to create the ideal birthday scenario.

Step 1: Don't go to work.

Step 2: Go running outside in the sunshine. In a Giants jersey.

Step 3: Go to the Giants' ticker tape parade. Not mind that you can't even see the parade route because the Giants are the Super Bowl champions.



I could see a lot of Giants fans, and a lot of Nassau Street.

Step 4: Be back from the parade in time to watch the actual ceremony, emceed by your favorite Giant of all time, Michael Strahan #92, from the warmth of your bed.

Step 5: Go to Bierkraft for lunch.

Step 6: Order a pint (Barrier Beech Wheat Street) and a sandwich (turkey, cheddar, arugula, and spicy grainy mustard on a baguette).




Step 7: Enjoy said pint and sandwich while Bierkraft plays the "Born in the USA" album in its entirety

If today is any indication, 28 is going to be a very good year.

4 comments:

  1. Happy B-Day. I just went to work for mine...... Damn Packers....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, sounds like a great bday indeed, happy bday!

    And in your beer picture, I see 2 of my favorite CA breweries (Sierra Nevada and Bear Republic). I've been to both breweries (Sierra Nevada in Chico, and Bear Republic in Healdsburg) - both are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now you just have to make sure the Giants win every year so you can repeat this exactly. Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete