Monday, August 15, 2011

Monday Wrap Up: Let's Try This Again

As I predicted, that whole "increase my training 30 miles in one week" thing wasn't the most pleasant, or productive, training trick. You already know mile repeats sucked, and yesterday's Goal Marathon Pace (GMP) run wasn't much better; rather than 7 miles at an 8 minute pace, I ran 4 at GMP, interspersed with 4 that were 20 to 45 seconds slower than GMP. While my long run on Saturday went smoothly, last week was eye-opening in terms of what I need to do over the next 7 weeks. And "what I need to do" is pretty straightforward: run faster.

Lucky for me, I'll have the chance to try again this week. Yasso 800's, 8 miles at GMP, and a 20 miler. Thank goodness I'm getting the week off to a good start. By going to happy hour tonight.

Number of Miles Run Last Week: 44. That was actually 33 miles more than the previous week. That's also the number of pieces of bread I had at dinner last night. Before my pasta. I think the reason I can't be one of those "I just listen to my body; intuitive eating is what keeps me looking waifish" is because my body screams for bread and Klondike Bars at all times. Also, because I'm not a self-important asshole. I'm looking at you, Gwyneth Paltrow.

Number of Beers Consumed Last Week: 9.

Types of Beers Consumed Last Week: Sankaty Light, Allagash White, Blue Moon, Smuttynose IPA, Victory Golden Monkey, and Yuengling. Diversity - I embrace it.

No comments:

Post a Comment