Last week* also saw, of course, the New York City Marathon. I was pleased as punch to be spending it indoors in a cozy sweater with eggs and breakfast potatoes and beer and television and not outdoors in Staten Island with those unfortunate pink-and-orange Dunkin Donuts hats. If you asked me (and many people did), yesterday was not a good day for a marathon, weather-wise, but I am delighted for all of my friends who enjoyed themselves nonetheless. I do hold a special place in my heart for the New York City Marathon, but even my own parents spent part of the Sunday on which I did run the race indoors with breakfast foods and alcohol, so I don't feel too bad about climate-controlled spectating.
![]() |
| Plus, I yelled loudly enough for Meb that I'm sure he heard me as he ran by outside. |
Number of Beers Consumed Last Week: 8. While that doesn't sound like THAT many beers, I feel like I drank a lot last week. Work was killer early in the week, and in addition to marathon celebrations, I had 3 cocktail parties mid-week and a wedding on the docket over the weekend as well (MUCH FANCY!). I'm going to chalk it up to making up for those missed drinks while I was dry before Chicago.
Types of Beers Consumed Last Week: Bud Light, Long Trail IPA, NYAC Ale (I presume that this is the exact same beer as the 1912 Ale that is served at Manursing, and it's probably like a Sam Adams rebranded for every country club in the tristate area. Anyone know?), Smuttynose Bouncy House Session IPA, Founders Harvest Ale.
And now, off to San Francisco. This is, God willing, my last scheduled trip of the year. On the one hand, I like having the chance to visit other cities, and drink their beers and run in their streets (and hotel gyms...). On the other hand, I pay several thousand dollars a month to live in New York and I'd like to get my money's worth. In 2014 alone, I've been to Chicago four times, San Francisco twice, Boston twice, Atlanta, Los Angeles, DC, Portland, San Diego, Philadelphia, Bend, Fire Island, Lake Placid, Miami, Old Forge, and Wilmington. That I haven't yet reached George-Clooney-in-Up-in-the-Air status on airlines is surprising and discouraging.
*I recognize that "last week" technically ended on Saturday, 11/1, and therefore, it is this week that saw the NYC Marathon, but here at WRFB HQ, we act like fancy Europeans, and our weeks run Monday-Sunday. And by "our," I mean "mine and Dorito's


What?! ANOTHER TRIP!?
ReplyDeleteI'll pretend to act surprise you fancy person, you. Safe travels, and we shall see ye upon your return!
Just say no to ultras! More beer, fewer miles!
ReplyDelete