I had my first workout on 2013 this morning. If you're asking yourself "What the hell have you been doing for the last four days?" a) I know, right?!; and b) I dragged my New Years Eve celebrations out until almost 9pm on New Years Day, then spent a day recovering. That whole process took so much out of me I needed another day to drink beers and watch the Fiesta Bowl on the couch.
So anyway, today I worked out for the first time in 2013. And what did I do for this first workout, the one the allegedly sets the precedent for the year ahead? Did I log some double digit miles? Pound out some speed work, perhaps?
Negative. Like Benedict Arnold of the fitness world, I turned my back on running and my first workout of 2013 was a spin.
Look on the bright side: If this is any indication, 2013 might actually be the year I commit myself to cross training!
(It might also be the year I go broke paying $35 a class at SoulCycle. Hypothetically, if Ben T. and I start dating, do you suppose I could get into his classes at a discount? And further hypothetically, is Ben T. single? Call me, maybe?)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment