Thursday, July 26, 2012

Regular-cation

Seems I have a ways to go before I can be considered a master of the trails...






How does that happen without crawling through the dirt, which I promise I wasn't doing this morning? In any case, I have a few weeks to practice trail running before my next runcation, which I'll talk about when I return from my next non-runcation (also know as "regular vacation"), which begins tomorrow, when I head to Cape Cod for my college buddy Caroline's wedding (note: it's hard to garner much sympathy from anyone when you go on vacation as much as I do.  That's fine by me.  I don't need your sympathy; I'm rich bitch!*)


Before I head off to the Cape, however, I have to get in a long run, since Lord knows I don't intend do anything except fawn over the bride and wallow in hungover self-pity this weekend.  I'll be heading out to Connecticut tonight to pick up a car, so I've already mapped myself a nice little run through suburbia.




Please don't use that map to break into my parents' house and rob them.  Not that it would be worth it, since they've spent all their money on their two children, who pretend they're rich by going on vacation once a month.  They do usually have good snacks, though.


Anyway, tomorrow morning, 14 miles, 3 towns, 2 states, immediately followed by 4 hours in the car, during which I'll insist we listen to 1 song only, on repeat (Call Me, Maybe, obviously).  Get ready to get ready.


*Note: I'm not rich.

3 comments:

  1. you're rich with humor and one liners, that's all that counts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pfftt. Call me, obviously.

    Have fun!

    Also, take a picture of yourself straddling the state line.

    That's all.

    ReplyDelete